WL110 timeout w/ 5.1-RELEASE

Jeremy Bingham jeremy at satanosphere.com
Wed Sep 10 16:01:47 PDT 2003

I have a Compaq WL110 card that I'm trying to get to get running on a
FreeBSD 5.1 box. It inserts fine and is recognized by the computer, but if I
try to turn the interface on (i.e. 'ifconfig wi0 up'), it starts
printing out 'wi0: timeout in wi_cmd 0x0002; event status 0x8080' and
hangs until I take out the card. If I take the card out, it sputters a
bit about the busy bit not clearing, but eventually rights itself and
the computer starts working again.

My question is, what would the best way to fix this? I've tried to
upgrade the firmware, but I can't find anything that will let me. All
the updates I've found on the Compaq site are either just drivers &
utilites for Windows, or firmware updates that only work with iPaqs. The
more general firmware updaters won't recognize the card. Will upgrading
my system to -CURRENT help, or does the answer lie elsewhere?

Thanks,

-j

/* You are not expected to understand this. */

Captain_Tenille
http://www.satanosphere.com/
jeremy at satanosphere.com