What do you think of the new 3COM cards with X-Jack ?

Andreas Klemm andreas at freebsd.org
Tue Sep 9 12:30:20 PDT 2003

On Tue, Sep 09, 2003 at 07:51:58PM +0100, Bruce M Simpson wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 09, 2003 at 08:09:47PM +0200, Andreas Klemm wrote:
> > 	3Com 3CXFE575CT
> >
> > Could somebody other confirm, if it runs under -current ?
> > And perhaps 4.8-stable as well ?
>
> I have been using a 3CXM756 with X-Jack on the weekend without any
> problems - it works fine with sio/pccard (NEWCARD) on my machine. I
> do have Warner's patch in my tree to load sio as a module and have it
> attach to pccard devices, though.

Hi,

thanks for your comments on this card, good to hear !!!

But what I don't understand is ... why one has to use the
sio (serial ?!) driver with this card ??? This makes me wonder !

I assume one can only use one card in a Laptop at the same time ??

I noticed one has to place the RJ-45 plug in a 90 Degree angle
onto the PCMCIA card connector. Right ?!

So 2 cards one over the other won't work or am I wrong ?

Another thing, do you think that this X-Jack construction is
stable enough ???

	Andreas ///

--
Andreas Klemm - Powered by FreeBSD 5.1-CURRENT
Need a magic printfilter today ? -> http://www.apsfilter.org/