wi woes

Christoph Kukulies kuku at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Sun Sep 7 07:19:59 PDT 2003

Besides the still existing busy bit not clear or cmd timeout weirdnesses
which make it really a pain to use my notebook an the wlan at the moment
I observed another strangeness which might perhaps be more concise
and to track down than the other effects, which seem to be independent
from whether I have device pcic in kernel or not.

The following happened when I inserted the card after the notebook
was up:

wi0: bad alloc 1fb != 1f8, cur 0 nxt 0

Another effect was that the machine totally froze, no panic, no ctrl-alt-del
possible (machine was in vty mode), when I typed in

dhclient wi0

Sometimes dhclient came back after a couple of seconds with setting the
interface IP, other times it came back immediately with no effect and third,
the worst case, it froze the machine.