Wireless Cards as Access Points - I'm having a hard day...

paul van den bergen pvandenbergen at swin.edu.au
Thu Oct 23 17:25:33 PDT 2003

Hi all,

I'm having a hard day today...  I am setting up a Mobile IP test bed based on
KAMEs MIP6 implementation, but have hit a snag even before I can test it.

I can set the cards (a Netgear 301 using wi and a Cisco aironet using an) to
infrastructure mode.  I can even turn IBSS on and off, althouh I have noted
some very odd behaviour with ifconfig.... more later...

how do I get the cards to act as a AP (server) rather than an AP (client)??

I seem to recall something about turning on the bridging within the card????

--
Dr Paul van den Bergen
Centre for Advanced Internet Architectures
pvandenbergen at swin.edu.au
IM:bulwynkl2002
"And some run up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stones
to pieces wi' hammers, like so many road makers run daft.
They say it is to see how the world was made."
Sir Walter Scott, St. Ronan's Well 1824