MiniPCI wireless card.

George Hartzell hartzell at kestrel.alerce.com
Sun Oct 19 16:54:10 PDT 2003

Justin Ma writes:
 > > Yeah, I've heard similar from a few people, I've tried scouring Athero's website
 > > however I could not find any MiniPCI products.  I have heard however that they
 > > do infact exist.
 >
 > Something like this?
 >
 > http://www.mikrotik.com/interfaces.php#linx1

Justin,

Have you actually used one of these in a FreeBSD laptop?  I see that
they also have a "Prism" mini-pci card.  Does anyone know if it's the
right flavor?

I have a friend w/ a Dell X300, which has an unsupported mini-pci
card.

I'd *love* to find

  a) the make&model of an 802.11b mini-pci card that is known to work
     in AP mode on freebsd [w/ bonus points for being able to work at
     all in linux and windows]

and

  b) the name/url of a place to order one.

Trying to google around and find a prism mini-pci card hasn't been too
productive.

I've seen comments about ripping apart a linksys wpc11, which seems
strange since it's a pc-card, but I'm not above buying some random
d-link or linksys or... device to gut, if it's not too expensive.

g.