T30 Wireless Card not detected

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Sun Oct 19 16:23:10 PDT 2003

> Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 10:31:34 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Daniel Cadenas <dcadenasa at yahoo.ca>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-mobile at freebsd.org
>
> Hi Folks,,
>
> I just bough a T30 (2366-66S) with wireless card and I downloaded the driver from ibm.com. I installed the driver but when I try to configurate it I got a error "There are no wireless network adapter installed". I have windows xp.
>
> Somebody got the same error?

Please break lines at about 72 characters.

I'm confused. I find it very unlikely that IBM has a driver available
for FreeBSD. Maybe Linux, but they have never provided any real
support for any other OS that I am aware of other than to distribute a
FreeBSD driver for an internal modem that someone at Lucent
wrote. (Oddly, it was not a Lucent based modem.)

My T30 (2366-92u) has a Prism based wireless card and runs fine with
the wi driver. I am typing this on my T30 over a wireless connection.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)