Broadcom 4401 driver

jphurl at comcast.net jphurl at comcast.net
Fri Oct 10 06:49:43 PDT 2003

Hi,

I was wondering if anybody had tried the Broadcom 4401 driver on
a Dell 2400 Desktop machine? It has a 2.4 Mhz P4,

If I enable the SMP & APIC_IO options the driver never receives any
interrupts. Note that the Broadcom chip is functional in that I can
send packets out, bu unfortunately I never receive any interrupts.

If I turn off those options (they are tied together essentially) the
driver works.

Note that on a Dell 2350, which also has a P4, the driver works as well
(with those options).

Turning off the APIC_IO option essentially makes the interrupt scheme look
like a traditional 8259A PIC. With APIC_IO enabled, interrupts get delivered
from the APIC IO device to the Local APIC when an interrupt occurs.

Any ideas would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

-- Jim

P.S. The driver works great on the 2350. I ftp to/from it all the time
     and the performance is great.