SITECOM WLAN WL-011

Reinhard Speyerer rspmn at arcor.de
Thu Oct 9 15:50:31 PDT 2003

>>> On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 04:20:52 -0700 (PDT), "Tiarnan" == Tiarnan O'Corrain <ocorrain at yahoo.com> wrote:

  Tiarnan> Hello list-- I recently purchased a SITECOM "WLAN" card,
  Tiarnan> which purports to suport 802.11b networking. My FreeBSD
  Tiarnan> system does not recognize the card, giving only:

  Tiarnan> The only information about the card in the "documentation"
  Tiarnan> is:
  Tiarnan> Name: Sitecom Model: WL-011

Hi Tiarnan,

the website of SITECOM refers only to a GPLed Linux driver
(http://atmelwlandriver.sourceforge.net/) for the WL-011.
I don't think that ATMEL WLAN chipsets are currently supported by FreeBSD.

Reinhard

P.S.: I am willing to donate a SITECOM WL-011 and WL-012 (Prism2 USB)
if a FreeBSD developer would find them useful for driver development.