CURRENT - ACPI and psm0 Compaq Presario 900Z

Benedikt Stockebrand me at benedikt-stockebrand.de
Wed Oct 8 15:16:32 PDT 2003

Hi Russell,

Russell Jackson <rjackson at cserv62.csub.edu> writes:

> With ACPI enabled, the psm0 device is not detected at all. It doesn't show
> up in dmesg output nor in /dev. Without loading it, it shows up. I know
> others have experienced this problem on other laptops as well. Has anyone
> found a patch/workaround yet?

I had a similar problem with my Toshiba Tecra S1.  Put

    hint.psm.0.flags="0x6400"

into your /boot/device.hints for a try.  Not a clean solution but at
least it works.

Cheers,

    Ben

--
Dipl. Inform.                  Tel.:  +49 (0) 6151 - 971 823
Benedikt Stockebrand	       Mobil: +49 (0) 177 - 41 73 985
Am Karlshof 1a		       Mail:  me at benedikt-stockebrand.de
D-64287 Darmstadt	       WWW:   http://www.benedikt-stockebrand.de