Compaq 2170US laptops...

Joe Altman fj at panix.com
Tue Oct 7 14:57:24 PDT 2003

Greetings, list members...

I am about this ->.<- close to purchasing the laptop in the subject. I
have read the page at http://gerda.univie.ac.at/freebsd-laptops/ and
notice that this specific model isn't listed.

I notice that Mr. Alain Thivllon is using a 2173, and it seems to work
fine, except for the touchpad. Since I have subscribed only a short
time to this list, I may have missed a thread covering the 2170US; if
so, please tell me and I'll search it out in the archives.

Otherwise, I am wondering if anyone on this list might have a word of
caution or advice WRT this specific laptop? Best Buy (a U.S. retail
outlet) has a sale: $999 at purchase, w/ a $200 rebate...very tempting
and the sale ends soon.

Thanks in advance for any replies or advice.