[acpi-jp 2717] Re: Dell D800 ACPI Issues

Nate Lawson nate at root.org
Tue Oct 7 13:39:04 PDT 2003

On Sun, 5 Oct 2003, Mike Hunter wrote:
> The computer does not crash when I close the lid, but the lcd does not
> turn off.
>
> acpiconf -s 5 works (soft off)
> acpiconf -s 4 and 3 don't work.  Devices detach, and the computer goes
> half-comatose:  I can switch around vtys but the login process (and/or
> getty) doesn't seem to be running.

S2-S4 are still pretty experimental due to the widely-varying hardware.
More device drivers need to properly suspend/resume before we can start
chasing down individual problems.

> Power profiles seem to work
>
> My goal is to get the lcd to turn off when I close the lid...anything more
> than that would be great too.

You might want to try acpiconf -s 1 and see if it sleeps ok.  If it does,
you can do sysctl hw.acpi.lid_switch_state=S1 so it goes into this state
when you close the lid.

-Nate