Xircom Wireless Ethernet CWE1130

Keith Davis shadowcrest at comcast.net
Mon Oct 6 18:46:43 PDT 2003

Hello all,

I am running FreeBSD 5.1 - CURRENT. I just purchased a Xircom CWE1130-NA
card ( which is a repackaged Cisco Aironet 340 card ) and plugged in
into the machine and got the following:

-- NOTE: Can we get this committed? --

pccard0 < unrecognized card > vendor=0x..

After poking around a while on the Internet I found a fix and thought
I'd share it with the rest of you.

cd sys/dev/pccard

pccarddevs file:

/* Xircom Products */
+ product XIRCOM CWE1130		0x0007 Xircom Wireless Ethernet
Adapter
   product XIRCOM CE			0x0100 Xircom Credit Card
Ethernet
   .

cd /sys/dev/an

if_an_pccard.c file:

static const struct pccard_product an_pccard_products[] = {
	PCMCIA_CARD(AIRONET, PC4800, 0),
	PCMCIA_CARD(AIRONET, PC4500, 0),
	PCMCIA_CARD(AIRONET, 350, 0),
         + PCMCIA_CARD(XIRCOM, CWE1130, 0),