ACPI suspend/resume on a Fujitsu Siemens Lifebook E 7110

Andi Hechtbauer anti at spin.de
Mon Oct 6 02:31:26 PDT 2003

Hi,

I'm following CURRENT on a Fujitsu Siemens Lifebook E 7110, and have
seen the ACPI Support substantially improve in the last few weeks.

S5 works, S1 isn't supportet, so closing the lid does nothing, but I'd
like to help debug S3 suspend/resume.

$ sysctl -a
[...]
hw.acpi.supported_sleep_state: S3 S4 S5
hw.acpi.power_button_state: S5
hw.acpi.sleep_button_state: S1
hw.acpi.lid_switch_state: S1
hw.acpi.standby_state: S1
hw.acpi.suspend_state: S3
hw.acpi.sleep_delay: 5
[...]

zzz(8) seems to call the right thing, FWIW.  Beeps twice, pauses for a
second or two, goes dark.  The blinking LED Symbol suggests that it
correctly went to Suspend to RAM mode.

But on trying to resume (by pressing the power-button) the machine
seems to start (fan noises, LED symbol no longer blinking), but the
display stays dark, and it does not respond to keys.

/var/log/messages says:

kernel: pcib0: slot 29 INTA is routed to irq 11
kernel: pcib0: slot 29 INTC is routed to irq 11
kernel: pcib0: slot 31 INTB is routed to irq 11
kernel: pcib0: slot 31 INTB is routed to irq 11
kernel: pcib1: slot 0 INTA is routed to irq 11
kernel: pcib2: slot 10 INTA is routed to irq 11
kernel: pcib2: slot 10 INTB is routed to irq 11
kernel: pcib2: slot 12 INTA is routed to irq 11
kernel: pcib2: slot 13 INTA is routed to irq 11
kernel: pcib2: slot 14 INTA is routed to irq 11
kernel: wakeup from sleeping state (slept 00:00:36)

But it not really wakes up.  Well.  Not entirely, at least.

Is there anyone I can provide with anything to help debugging this?
What's the preferred way to debug ACPI-related things?

TIA,
Andi

--
"Yes, but where do you think the chaos came from?"