Xircom Credit Card Ethernet CEM56-100 : xe

Shahab Sanjari sanjari at hrz.tu-darmstadt.de
Sun Oct 5 11:50:28 PDT 2003

Hi,
I recompiled the kernel with OLDCARD. and got the modem part working!
For this, I enabled the Modem and disabled the network in the pccard.conf.
I could communicate with modem useing ppp (recognized as cuaa4).
After that, I disabled the modem and enable the xe.
Still I don't have a network interface for ifconfig.
I enabled the pccardd at the bootup. It plays a melody and  says:

pccardd[172]: Card "Xircom"("CreditCard Ethernet 10/100 + Modem 56")
[CEM56] [1.00] matched "Xircom" ("CreditCard Ethernet 10/100 + Modem 56")
[null] [null]

pccard0: Assigning xe0: io 0x2e8-0x2ef irq 11 flas 0x0

pccard[172]: driver allocation failed for Xircom(CreditCard Ethernet
10/100 + Modem 56): Device not configured

When I remove the card I get:
pcic0: Event mask 0x6
pccard: card removed, slot 0
pccardd[175]: xe-1: Xircom (CreditCard Ethernet
10/100 + Modem 56) removed.

It seems that the same problem has been dicussed in June by Matt.
I couldn't follow more.
In the pccard.conf I have the following:
io      0x240-0x360
irq     3 5 10 11 13 15
config  0x27 "xe" 11

After all these changes, the pccardc dumpcis command
brings up plenty of information about the xircom card.

I have also tried Scott's new patch. Everything is excatly the same.

I thank you for your comments.
Regards,
Shahab.