Advice: 128 bit wep and Prism chipset

Omer Faruk Sen freebsd at faruk.net
Fri Oct 3 01:08:28 PDT 2003

As far as I learn from mails and for the sake of future clarity and to be
recorded on mailing list archives ;) :

1)intel Xircom is Prism II based and supports 104 (+24 bit)bit keys
2)Those cards that have Prism II chipset with newer firmware supports 104
bit keys
but I need exact model and company can anyone send me a few card names
(model number and vendor name)
3)The company is suggesting me to buy Cisco 350 PCI cards. I have read
http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Jean_Tourrilhes/Linux/Linux.Wireless.drivers.
html and it states that Cisco 350 cards are also Prism II chipset based
cards. Is that true? And can I use that card to create an Access Point with
FreeBSD?
4)HP Procurve J8136A is also Prism based card and supports 104 bit keys.

Thanks for your help!