Orinoco Gold Card (8420-WD) Problems

Sgt B sgt_b2002 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 1 12:39:21 PDT 2003

Well, that's interesting. The CIS information from the card says its Agere, and there is still the antenna connector on there. Could there be hope? I'll keep an eye out for those other cards, although I'm wary about purchasing yet another card.
Thanks for the info Les!

Les Biffle <les at ns3.safety.net> wrote:
*snip*

> I guess I can add the Orinoco Gold card to the list as well.

Look for cards from Avaya. Proxim bought the Orinoco name and design,
but is changing the card without changing the name (and eliminating
the antenna connector). ATT/Lucent/Avaya/Agere retained the rights
to build the cards, and is still using the old technology.

Those are the cards to buy.

-Les

--
Les Biffle
CISSP Information Systems Security Consultant