samsung v20 wireless onboard nic and freebsd 5.1

John lists at reiteration.net
Wed Oct 1 03:04:39 PDT 2003

Hello freebsd-mobile

I have a problem getting my onboard 802.11 seen by freebsd5.1 (cvsupped
and made buildworld yesterday, using the generic kernel). I was
wondering if there are any plans afoot to support this device, or if it
is already supported, then what I'm doing wrong, or if it will never be
supported.

Details:

FreeBSD laptop.reiteration.net 5.1-CURRENT FreeBSD 5.1-CURRENT #0: Tue
Sep 30 22:55:54 BST 2003
root at laptop.reiteration.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386

The windows readme file reports the card as follows:

#Supporting OS
: Windows XP, Windows 2K,Windows ME, Windows 98SE

#Version
: 4.06(XP),4.04(2K,Me,98)

#Supporting Adapter
: SWL-2220M/P,SWL-2210M/P,SWL-2200M/P

#Supporting Language
: English

A bit of research on the samsung website gives the following technical
spec:

wireless LAN 802.11b
Type = mini-PCI
Chipset = Agere
Antenna = integrated 2 antenna

googling mini-pci 802.11 freebsd agere doesn't return anything useful
unfortunately. Do you need my dmesg?

any info or pointers would be a great help (even if it's "no, it will
never work")

thanks
--
John - jfm at reiteration.net - http://www.reiteration.net/~jfm