apm/acpi on fujitsu siemens amilo A

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Fri May 30 12:18:17 PDT 2003

> From: "Roman Kennke" <roman.kennke at cognition.uni-freiburg.de>
> Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 19:58:45 +0200
> Sender: owner-freebsd-mobile at freebsd.org
>
> I think the acpi driver is loaded by default. Will I go
> better with the apm driver? If yes, how can I enable it?
> Uncommenting hint.apm.0.disabled="1" shows no effect. Even
> if the ACPI driver is not loaded.
>
> Is suspending/resuming a BIOS or OS issue? Is there any
> chance that I can get this to work? It is really annoying
> to always shutdown and boot the maching, especially if I am
> in a train.

APM may work better. It may not work at all.

I posted a detailed description of using APM on a ThinkPad yesterday and
almost all of it (excluding the ps2 references) are applicable to any
system that has APM support.

See "5.1b2, configuring kernel for ThinkPad x20" in the archives. It
requires that the apm driver be loaded at boot time, not just a hit file
change. (Though that is also required.)

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)