PATCH: hcsecd(8) (was: GPRS + Bluetooth on FreeBSD)

Maksim Yevmenkin m_evmenkin at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 19 09:32:10 PDT 2003

Hello Kirill,

[ GPRS comments skipped ]

thanks for the information.

> By the way, thanks for your BT stack. It's great, although it would be
> very useful if hcsecd could save its state. It will eliminate need to
> do pairing every time I reboot my notebook (or do I do something wrong?).
> I use the latest stack with patch from Jun, 6th.

hmmm... i did send a patch, didn't i ? anyway, below is the copy of
my e-mail and hcsecd(8) patch (see attached). please try it and let
me know if it works for you.

thanks,
max

Dear Hackers,

please find attached patch for the hcsecd(8) Bluetooth link keys/PIN
codes management daemon. this patch is against the latest release

http://www.geocities.com/m_evmenkin/ngbt-fbsd-20030604.tar.gz

hcsecd(8) is now able to cache link keys that were generated from the
PIN codes. to preserve link keys between restarts hcsecd(8) will dump
links keys on disk and read them upon next start.

this functionality is required to implement link keys database for
'paired' devices. in particular one can now 'pair' cell phone and PC
(with PIN code) and both sides will store the link key. in the future
the cell the phone can accept incoming connection from the PC without
being put into 'discoverable' mode. ('discoverable' mode is when the
cell phone answers inquiry).

note that hcsecd(8) must be running all the time, otherwise cell phone
will not be able to receive link key and will 'forget' PC on next
connection attempt. if this happens 'paring' procedure must be repeated.

i would like to thank Alex <alex at greenlight.ru> for reporting this
problem and helping with testing.

thanks,
max