Bluetooth GPS

Alexander Pohoyda alexander.pohoyda at gmx.net
Sun Aug 24 11:01:59 PDT 2003

Hi Maksim,

> > What kind of service is it?
> most likely Bluetooth GPS will provide Serial Port service. this way the
> device will be compatible with existing software (it usually works
> with serial ports).

I see, so there must be some higher-level protocol. I'm wondering if
there's a standard for it..

There's some NMEA 0183 V2.2 Standard mentioned:
http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3042535254&category=23381

OK, here it is:
http://www.nmea.org/pub/0183/

Interesting :-)

> > Is there some free software available?
> FreeBSD comes with Bluetooth stack - it does support Serial Port Profile.

I know that you have been asked this question before, but I have seen
no answer. How difficult would that be to have a Bluetooth support
in FreeBSD 4.8-STABLE? For example, this Serial Port Profile only?

--
Alexander Pohoyda
<alexander.pohoyda at gmx.net>