Intel Pro 2100 Wireless LAN

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Tue Aug 19 09:59:44 PDT 2003

> Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 15:39:46 +0200 	(=?ISO-8859-15?Q?Westeurop=E4ische_Normalzeit?=)
> From: Michael Bretterklieber <mbretter at jawa.at>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-mobile at freebsd.org
>
> Hi,
>
> is this wlan-card supported by FreeBSD (current)?
> Intel Pro 2100 Wireless LAN (802.11b) Mini-PCI-Card (Centrino)

I believe that the Intel 2100 uses the Broadcom wireless chip for
which Broadcom refuses to release any specs and have stated that no
drivers for Linux or other Open Source OSes will be available.

Some people on the Linux side are trying to reverse engineer it, but
that may not produce results for a while. Sorry!
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)