XFree86 core dumps on Inspiron 5100 - please MFC

Larry Lansing lansil at fuzzynerd.com
Sat Aug 16 21:39:10 PDT 2003

> Are you using agp-enabled kernel?
> Panel size mis-probing is caused by omitted suppport for agp bridge.
> I'm not sure what kind of agp bridge your Dell inspiron use but
> if it is i82855 or i82875, you will need agp_intel.c revision 1.17
> But it is not yet MFCed.
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/pci/agp_intel.c

I had the same problem with XFree86 on RELENG_4, with a Thinkpad T40
(model 2373-9CU).  After a couple days of head-scratching, I found your
   message to freebsd-mobile, and applied the above-mentioned patch.  X
works fine, now--no problems to speak of.

It's been about 8 weeks since the 1.16->1.17 patch to agp_intel.c was
added to -CURRENT.  The change seems harmless enough.  Any chance
someone could MFC it?  The added hardware compatibility would be great
to have in 4.9.

--
Lawrence Lansing
lansil at fuzzynerd.com