Linksys WPC11 v4 and Netgear MA401RA Troubles

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Thu Aug 14 22:39:32 PDT 2003

In message: <20030814235432.GA85523 at blossom.cjclark.org>
            "Crist J. Clark" <cristjc at comcast.net> writes:
: At first, nothing was working at all until I learned the magical,
: hw.cbb.start_memory="0x2000000", incantation. Now NEWCARD actually
: works.

0x20000000 might be too low.  I typically see this set to 0xfxxxxxxx.

: I found my MA401 seems to work fine with OLDCARD on both 5.1 and
: 4.8. At least, it gets loaded up and ifconfig(8) sees it fine. Since
: I've only ever had one card working, I don't have much of a network to
: test on yet.

Cool.

: However, the MA401 is making trouble in NEWCARD, as in the system
: locks up. Locks up hard. The only way out is to power cycle. Before I
: found the miracle of hw.cbb.start_memory, the card didn't work, but it
: didn't lock up the system either. The debug output looked like,

I don't understand why this isn't working for you, unless you don't
have wi in your generic kernel for some reason.  5.1 should have
support for this card.  I know that current does, and cvs seems to
tell me that 5.1 should also.

Warner