FBSD-5.1-RELEASE, Sony Vaio PCG-505TR, Linksys Combo (EC2T) PC-Card or Adaptec SlimSCSI 1460D PC-Card

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Wed Aug 13 22:39:33 PDT 2003

In message: <20030812140439.GA6982 at crawfish.ais.com>
            Jim Knoble <jmknoble+freebsd-mobile at pobox.com> writes:
: : : If you like, i can post a photo of these cards for you.
: :
: : I'd rather own them. :-)  Seriously, what cards are they?
:
: LinkSys Combo PCMCIA EthernetCard (Model EC2T) [dongle with RJ-45 and BNC]
: LinkSys EtherFast 10/100 PC Card (Model PCMPC100) [dongle with RJ-45]

I have both of these cards and have run them with shared interrupts
under oldcard.  The second one I did on my PCG-505TS.

:   [...]
: : :   google://FreeBSD%20NEWCARD%20OLDCARD
: : :   http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/5-roadmap/goals.html
:   [...]
:
: : No.  You are confusing '16-bit bridge (aka ISA)' and '16-bit PC
: : Card' (aka PCMCIA or R2 cards).  The classic 16-bit bridge support
: : is for ISA bridges only.  Since you are probing and attaching to
: : cbb, you must have a 32-bit cardbus bridge.  I have a large
: : collection of 16-bit PC Cards that work on a large variety of
: : laptops that are also in my collection.
:
: Hmmm ... wonder if it's possible that it's the bridge in my Vaio
: PCG-505TR that doesn't like the shared interrupt.  Might that explain
: the odd panic with the Adaptec SlimSCSI 1460D under 5.1-RELEASE (see
: initial message in this thread)?

I know that the bridge in the vaio PCG-505TS can share interrupts.
I've run my wi0 based card directly from boot.  5.1-RELEASE likely
will have problems.  There is a problem right now with removing the
card that I'm looking into fixing.

Warner