Wierd X issue.

Jamie Bowden ragnar at sysabend.org
Wed Aug 13 06:26:28 PDT 2003

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003, Christoph P. Kukulies wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 05:38:04AM -0700, Jamie Bowden wrote:
> > On Wed, 13 Aug 2003, Christoph P. Kukulies wrote:
> >
> > > On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 12:20:25PM -0700, Jamie Bowden wrote:
> > >
> > > Did you build XFree-4.3.1 from ground up? I grabbed all the tarballs from
> > > xfree86.org, unpacked them somewhere, cd xc, make World, make install.
> > >
> > > I'm not sure if this is overkill but - despite of some ugly aliased fonts -
> > > I have a very find working X11 on my Dell Inspiron 8000 with NVIDIA
> > > GeForce2 Go.
> >
> > Is the current port 4.3.1 or 4.3.0?  Which ever it is, I used the port to
>
> I believe it is 4.3.0 (and as of http://www.soulwax.net/nvidia/faq.shmtl
> 4.3.0 should suffice)

X loads fine.  I have all my windows that start out of .xinitrc, and my
mouse is just peachy, window manager's all loaded up, menus and butons are
customized to taste, screen's the right size and color depth...just no
keyboard.

Oh yes, and no errors from X or syslog mentioning _why_.

Jamie Bowden

--
"It was half way to Rivendell when the drugs began to take hold"
Hunter S Tolkien "Fear and Loathing in Barad Dur"