Hot swap of bay devices [IBM T30]

Jesse Guardiani jesse at wingnet.net
Tue Aug 12 14:42:40 PDT 2003

Tobias Roth wrote:

> wheee, with suspending before inserting the drive, i get no more
> beeps. and if i boot without the drive, i can attach it as well if
> i suspend before inserting it (or to be exact, it attaches itself when
> i resume)! so i got a working (almost-)hot-swapable ultra-bay on my T30.

Just as a general FYI, I don't get the beeping on my A30p, but the
"ready" light (for the ultrabay) never comes back on unless I suspend,
remove the drive, replace it, and resume.

However, on my machine the ready light doesn't appear to effect performance.
I can still use the drive with the ready light off.

--
Jesse Guardiani, Systems Administrator
WingNET Internet Services,