FreeBSD-nvidia

Christoph Kukulies kuku at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Thu Aug 7 04:21:17 PDT 2003

Just to inform the list:
http://www.soulwax.net/nvidia/faq.shtml

has been updated on Aug, 5th, 2003.

I'm in the course of reinstalling FreeBSD (5.0/-current) on my
Dell Inspiron after a disk crash and forgot for the
moment, what the necessary steps were to get the GeForce2 Go working
with X and hi rez.

I believe to recall one had to compile the X11 distribution of parts of it.

Anyway, I tried to copy over the kernel module (nvidia.ko or what
that was) but it doesn't seem to suffice.

init is spawing too rapidly.

Will see later but if anyone has the steps handy I wouldn't mind.