rfcomm_pppd fails (T40p and Nokia 7650)

Peter Schuller peter.schuller at infidyne.com
Sat Aug 2 16:35:04 PDT 2003

Hello,

after much delay...

> >         rfcomm_pppd[39117]: Could not connect socket. Connection refused
> > (61)
>
> this means that PC was not able to establish Bluetooth RFCOMM connection.
> perhaps phone rejected it, or could be other reason. i would like to see
> HCI dump. could you please compile hcidump(1) from the snapshot's ports/
> directory and then run it

As I mentioned I am still getting occational "connection refused" messages.
Retrying always solves it. Following are two typescripts from an hcidump
session. The first contains the dump during two sessions where there was no
rfcomm problems. First there is a session that failes due to a "NO CARRIER"
error from the phone (I am consistently getting this on every other
connection attempt, so I always have to initiate a connect twice, but I
assume it has nothing what so ever to do with rfcomm), and the second is
from a fully successful connection. I figured I'd include this for reference
just in case.

The second contains the dump from an attempt where I got the connection
refused error. I don't know if it is useful though given that it's just one
command and two events.

The typescripts are here:

   http://www.scode.org/rfcomm_working.typescript
   http://www.scode.org/rfcomm_failure.typescript

Btw, in order to compile hcidump successfully (make depend && make && make
install) I had to comment out line 209 and 210 of parse/sdp.c. Otherwise
it would complain about the size of 0x1000.....000L being too big for its
type. (I just commented it out because I wasn't sure how to deal with
numbers that large in C. I'm not sure if mishandling 128 bit numbers
in print_int screwed up anything in the above dumps though.)

Again, I can live with occational "connection refused" messages. So look at
this if you feel it is of interest for improving the code; otherwise
nevermind.

PGP userID: 0xE9758B7D or 'Peter Schuller <peter.schuller at infidyne.com>'
Key retrival: Send an E-Mail to getpgpkey at scode.org
E-Mail: peter.schuller at infidyne.com Web: http://www.scode.org