dell inspiron 2650

Don Kingdon def at cablerocket.com
Fri Aug 1 09:01:08 PDT 2003

Hi,
  I have a dell inspiron 2650 which I tried to put freebsd 4.4 and 4.7 onto...in both cases I was told the error i got was saying I had an incompatable chipset.  Its been a while since I last tried so I cant get any clearer on the error message, but I was wondering if anyone has any version of freebsd installed on a dell inspiron.  I will be trying tomorrow night to install 5.1 and I will comment on the success or failure soon.   I figure someone is gonna ask me for the puter specs so here they are:
p4 1.6gig
256 mb ddr
onboard 3com 3c920 nic
actiontec md56ord modem
dvd rom
 I think that should cover the important stuff...ask if theres anything else you might need to know.

tx
Don