Script to automatically configure a wireless card based on ssid

Tobias Roth roth at iam.unibe.ch
Sun Apr 27 23:40:28 PDT 2003

On Thu, Apr 24, 2003 at 11:05:38AM -0400, John Baldwin wrote:
> > I'm interested in your opinion of this plan for more general use, and also
> > the opinion of folks on the list. For those that aren't aware of the goal
> > here, the rc team is working on improvements to our scripts to
> > auto-configure a system on boot, including wired/wireless, etc.

were can I get more info on the work that is being done for this auto-
configuring of systems at boot time? There have been several requests
for such a solution, and so far only hacks were available. I am working
myself on a clean approach to network/system autoconfiguration (or can
you call it laptop multihoming?) for mobile nodes.

greets, t.