freeBSD & apple powerbook

Scott Lambert lambert at lambertfam.org
Thu Apr 24 11:17:40 PDT 2003

On Thu, Apr 24, 2003 at 11:55:07AM -0600, Tom wrote:
> hi,
>
> steve mentioned getting a powerbook titanium. i had the new 867mHz,
> but the video wasn't supported under linux at that time. it is now. i
> presume that freeBSD won't have any trouble with it? has anyone built
> one yet?

Scott. Steve is my little brother.  Happens all the time on the phone or
e-mail.  Don't know why.

I will run OS X on it.  Maybe NetBSD or OpenBSD occasionally just for
fun and to say I did it.

According to http://www.freebsd.org/platforms/ppc.html, FreeBSD is a no
go on PowerPC, at this time.  I am sure that will change in the future.

lambert at lambertfam.org