netgear ma311 failures (wi0 driver)

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Mon Apr 21 15:30:57 PDT 2003

> From: "vizion communication" <vizion at ixpres.com>
> Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 14:51:22 -0700
> Sender: owner-freebsd-mobile at freebsd.org
>
> OK guys thanks for all the help
>
> I have now successfully updated the MA311 to latest version.
> The PCI card is in the slot recognized as wi0.
>
> dmesg identifies the card--
>
> I have made the entry in rc.conf  ifconfig_wi0="DHCP"
>
> Does anyone know a good way of ensuring that wi0 only
> accepted communications from a specific access point (mac
> address and ssid)?

See 'man wi' for the appropriate additions to ifconfig. You may find
/etc/start_if.wi0 a good way to set this up, as well. These are also
places to enable WEP and set the keys.

Note that there is a plan afoot to eliminate the capability of wicontrol
to set up the card, so I'd stick to ifconfig.

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)