Dell Inspiron 8500

Daniel O'Connor doconnor at gsoft.com.au
Sun Apr 20 06:48:30 PDT 2003

Anyone run FreeBSD on such a beast?

I have tried an i8000, and i8200 and they both work fine, but I haven't tried
an i8500 and I (work :) is thinking of purchasing one to dual boot, so I'd be
interested in success/failure reports.

As a side note I have tried 4.6 and 5.0-Rel on an i2500 with no luck. Seems to
hang before/during probing a device and it isn't possible to break into the
debugger :(

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum
GPG Fingerprint - 9A8C 569F 685A D928 5140  AE4B 319B 41F4 5D17 FDD5