Bluetooth stack for FreeBSD ( test bcmfw )

miniyan miniyan at kt.rim.or.jp
Wed Apr 9 09:02:21 PDT 2003

Hello Maksim,

As we discussed on current at freebsd.org which is Planex GW-BH02U does not
work on bluetooth stack. This product uses Broadcom BCM2033 module and
you reached to solution, firmware patch for the module.

I should report you when I tested bcmfw command. I've been installed
2003-04-07(patched) on Casio FIVA.  At first,  I tried to connect
HSC HNT-UB01(MITSUMI Module).  Bluetooth stack looks fine.

Next,  I tried to connect GW-BH02U.  This module found with ubt0.
Of course hccommand still problem.  So, I should type following command
on firm dir.

   # bcmfw -n ubt0 -m BCM2033-MD.hex -f BCM2033-FW.bin
   bcmfw[498]: Could not NgSendMsg(4, ubt0:, 1021837971, 7, 0xbfbffb6e,
        2). No such file or directory (2)

Unfortunately, I got following message on console and upgrade failure.

   Allocationg major#249 to "ubt"
   ubt0: at uhub0 port 1 (addr 2) disconnected
   ubt0: detached

   ugen0: Broadcom Corp. BCM2033, rev 1.01/0.a0, addr2

I tried to solve with use gdb and trace bcmfw.  So, bcmfw called
bcmfw_device_nodes twice.  First one should passed.  Second one show
that syslog message to failure.  I don't know why but when firmware
transfered to module,  just after ubt0 become detached.

I should test continuously, If this report becomes help you for fix problem.

Thanks.
takahiko