good pcmcia card to build ap

Jacques Caron Jacques.Caron at IPsector.com
Mon Apr 7 04:50:38 PDT 2003

At 09:23 07/04/2003, Tobias Roth wrote:
>I'd like to know which are good pcmcia wireless cards to build an
>access point. I have read here that the cisco aironet 350 currently
>is the best card for general operation. is this also true when the
>goal is to build an access point?

There is no hostap support with those cards. You're stuck with PRISM-based
cards (or Hermes-based ones in theory, but that's not yet supported with
FreeBSD, afaik).

Jacques.

-- Jacques Caron, IP Sector Technologies
    Join the discussion on public WLAN open global roaming: