4.8-Stable boot hangs after pci_cftintr_virgin

Michael C. Cambria mcc at fid4.com
Sun Apr 6 11:37:29 PDT 2003

I installed a TI PCI 1410 PCI->PCMCIA adapter into a 4.8-Stable system.

When I boot the system hangs after this message:

pci_cftintr_virgin: using routable interrupt 3

I noticed that this TI chip does support PCI interrupt routing when
researching a differet problem (posted earlier) so I tried it.

There is no /boot/loader.conf file

Setting hw.pcic.intr_path=1 results in ISA interrupt routing, but in
polling mode.  Adding hw.pcic.irq=<any unused>, results in boot failing
(Can't route ISA CSC interrupt.)  I've tried all combinations of these
settings with and without hw.pcic.ignore_function_1=1.

Is there anything I should try next?

Thanks,
MikeC