psm0: failed to reset the aux device

dknapp at calpoly.edu dknapp at calpoly.edu
Fri Apr 4 08:16:35 PST 2003

Touchpad isn't working - have tried all the options in mouse configuration
in /stand/sysinstall...Did work once however....

I've done a boot -v

psm0 says:
psm0: current command byte:0047
psm0: failed to reset the aux device

What does this mean, and is there any way to fix it?

I'm using a Synaptics PS/2 TouchPad

Is there a patch to make this work? Is it possible to manually reset the aux
device?

I have a Compaq Presario 1220 laptop (Cyrix 200Mhz - woot!), and I can't seem
to get the touchpad to work.  Trying with 4.7 RELEASE. Had same problem with
5.0 RELEASE.

This is an initial configuration, so the machine has no working data - so any
patches, changes, thoughts, rants, or shots in the dark would be greatly
appreciated.

dbk

David Knapp
Network Analyst,
Cal Poly, SLO
dknapp at calpoly.edu
805.748.4650
"Knowing the path is not the same thing as walking the path"