[Differential] D2535: New, experimental PMAP implementation for MIPS64

sson (Stacey Son) phabric-noreply at FreeBSD.org
Fri Sep 16 22:24:55 UTC 2016

sson added a comment.

  In https://reviews.freebsd.org/D2535#163954, @adrian wrote:

  > I committed the pagemask enumeration/printing logic to -head a while ago. We should gather some dmesg's from various embedded MIPS boards.
  >
  > IIRC, some of the mips24kc parts were only doing 4k pages.. :(

  This superpage/new pmap implementation really only applies to mips64.  To support superpages on mips32 the page table may need to be changed a bit.  Currently there isn't enough room in the PTE for the additional bits needed. e.g, bit for reference bit emulation (reference/valid bit), superpage flag, etc.

  FYI, I do have a patch kicking around for large kernel stack support that uses multiple wired TLB entries that might be useful for mips32 with only 4k page support.  Of course, I don't know if blowing the kernel stack (e.g. using NFS) is a problem for mips32 or not.  Brooks had it committed to CheriBSD at one time so I know it is in that repository.

REPOSITORY
  rS FreeBSD src repository

REVISION DETAIL
  https://reviews.freebsd.org/D2535