SOLVED: interrup storm (Re: arge1 on TL WDR3600)

Eugene Grosbein eugen at grosbein.net
Sat Oct 31 07:41:28 UTC 2015

On 31.10.2015 07:11, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> Hi,
>
> can you svn update and retry?
>
> The latest changes I made to the mips74k support has routing up to
> 330mbit and bridging up to 720mbit for me; up from 120mbit when I
> started. I also hit your issue a couple of times before I fixed some
> things and now it doesn't occur.
>
> Would you mind giving it a whirl and reporting back? You'll have to do
> a clean kernel build as I went and changed some mips .h stuff.

I've updated source tree to r290224 and no additional patches,
did clean rebuild and repeated my test 3 times. No interrupt storms now,
it works just fine. Average routing speed is slightly above 16MBytes/s
and peak speed is 22,714 MB/s according to systat -ifstat.

Thank you very much!

I will take some PMC tests as next step.