Initial support for MT7620

Stanislav Galabov sgalabov at gmail.com
Sun Dec 20 05:25:16 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I went through all the Ralink/Mediatek boards I have at home and at the
office and did a quick inventory of the SoCs I have available. Here's what
I have:
- RT3050F
- RT3052F
- RT5350F
- RT3352F
- RT6855 (with a Realtek gigabit switch)
- MT7620N
- MT7620A (several flavours)
- MT7621

Here is what I don't have, but I'd like to add support for:
- RT3662
- RT3883
- MT7628 (I may get one of these in the future)
- MT7688 (I may get one of these in the future)

At the moment I am planning to add support for all of the above with the
following functionality, where applicable:
- PCI/PCIe
- USB
- Ethernet
- Switch
- SPI

I would appreciate it, if anyone has RT3662/RT3883 laying around not doing
anything, if I could get my hands on these at some point. I'll continue
looking on my end as well and see if I can obtain these around here...

Also, if anyone has RT6855 datasheet/programming guide, I'd appreciate a
copy of that. I think I am pretty much set for the others, with the
exception of MT7688, but MT7688 is easier to figure out compared to RT6855.

I may have missed some SoCs from the above list - if so, and if someone
would like to see support for them - please let me know.

I think if we manage to do all the above, FreeBSD will have pretty good
support for Ralink/Mediatek router SoCs, especially if/once Adrian manages
to work on the WiFi parts :-)

Best wishes,
Stanislav