is pkgng=no valid?

Nathan Dorfman na at rtfm.net
Thu Nov 20 23:33:08 UTC 2014

On Tue, Nov 18, 2014 at 9:03 PM, Nathan Dorfman <na at rtfm.net> wrote:

> D'oh, my memory seems to be failing me. What Ben is saying does sound
> familiar now. I might have just worked around it by using something
> like 'cd /usr/ports/*/pkgng && make STRIP=/bin/echo install'

OK, today, at least, that doesn't seem to work either. This does:

    sed -i.bak 's/^old_striplib=/#&/'
$WRKDIRPREFIX/usr/ports/ports-mgmt/pkg/work/pkg-1.3.8/libtool

It's enough to build a bunch of ports, but of course any that make their
own static libraries will still break. E.g. if you want to build tmux, you
have to do the same thing to libevent2, which bundles its own libtool:

    sed -i.bak 's/^old_striplib=/#&/'
$WRKDIRPREFIX/usr/ports/devel/libevent2/work/libevent-2.0.21-stable/libtool

Ben's strip patch is looking like the best solution for now.

-nd.