db120 (mips74k) boot messages; further help wanted

Adrian Chadd adrian.chadd at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 22:24:35 UTC 2014

On 24 March 2014 11:56, Milan Obuch <freebsd-mips at dino.sk> wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Mar 2014 02:00:25 -0700
> Adrian Chadd <adrian.chadd at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Noone has yet. I'd pay attention to the MDIO reset, MDIO configuration
>> stuff in if_arge.c and how the clocking is setup.
>>
>> It's possible I'm missing some initialisation code form openwrt.
>>
>> I think i have the MDIO register read/write working fine.
>>
>> The RB2011 kernel in question is correctly being built as a mips74k
>> kernel, right?
>>

> Yes, basically I used DB120 kernel with some bits removed, e. g. wlan
> stuff I do not have.

Ok.

well, if it's compiled up as a mips74k kernel then the correct
barriers should be in there.

So, save some kind of CPU bug that I don't hav ea workaround for, it's
likely MDIO timing / reset / setup.

If y'all can't figure it out then I think the quickest way is to get a
board to me so I can figure it out.

-a