RB433AH failed to boot from bootp protocol

Andy luxinweiandy at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 6 04:33:32 UTC 2014

Hi, Luiz
Sorry to be late. Maybe I reply the first email with the wrong address.About my configuration,more details are as follows.I find the console output of successful boot shows that the RB get the ip address from the PC dhcp server.But my console output always shows trying bootp protocol........................kernel loading failed.So I guess there is something wrong with my dhcp configuration.My tftpboot directory is /tftpboot and nfsroot directory is /home/matos/FreeBSD/nfsroot.I install isc-dhcp42-server on FreeBSD 10.0 release and I add some lines as follows into the /usr/local/etc/dhcpd.conf which are almost same as the configuration in buildingMIPS of FreeBSD wiki.subnet 192.168.10.1 netmask 255.255.255.0 {
        deny unknown-clients;
        option routers 192.168.10.1;
        next-server 192.168.10.196;
        filename "kernel";
        option root-path "192.168.10.1:/home/matos/FreeBSD/nfsroot";
}

host mips {
        hardware ethernet 00:0c:42:6d:d7:51;
        fixed-address 192.168.;
}I am confused with option of root-path. Why it is 10.0.1.196 here while all other place are begin with 192.168.10/24.I also has enabled the tftp in /etc/inetd.conf using:tftp    dgram   udp     wait    root    /usr/libexec/tftpd      tftpd -l -s /tftpbootAnd I don't know much about the NFS. So I am not quite sure about the $DESTDIR in the /etc/exports/ I just add the my nfsroot directory(/home/matos/FreeBSD/nfsroot) in /etc/exports.Also I add following lines in /home/matos/FreeBSD/nfsroot/etc/fstab.192.168.10.1:$DESTDIR     /       nfs     rw      0       0I get the kernel file and hints file from here:http://loos.no-ip.org/routerboard/files/ .I use RB4XX as my kernel file and RB450 hints as hints file since I don't find the hints file for the RB433AH and I think I can boot it first and the debug for the difference between RB450 and RB433AH.I also make some necessary changes in these files.For the kernel files I change the options ROOTDEVNAME as my nfsroot directory. Since I am a rookie of NFS I don't know the difference between the NFSV3 and NFSV4, I just keep the option BOOTP_NFSV3.My build script is almost same as the one BuildingMIPs in FreeBSD wiki. I just remove the sudo -E since I do everything under root and I also set kernconf as RB433AH.The strange thing is if I use RB433AH as kernel file, there is nothing install uder the /tftpboot and if I use AR71XX_BASE as my kernel file it do install the boot directory under the /tftpbootAll above is my configuration on the my PC.Thanks!Andy