Ubiquiti EdgeRouter Lite works multi-user with -CURRENT.

Joe Holden lists at rewt.org.uk
Mon May 20 17:37:04 UTC 2013

Milan Obuch wrote:
> On Mon, 20 May 2013 09:33:31 -0600, Warner Losh <imp at bsdimp.com> wrote:
>
>> On May 20, 2013, at 9:29 AM, Milan Obuch wrote:

> [ snip ]

>>> Well, I use both cross building and native building. My devices are
>>> not the top in speed scale, so both building moethods are usable
>>> for me. Native building is kind of stability benchmark for me...
>>> Anyway, sometimes I am a bit behind, too.
>> I'm surprised you said a week. Buildworld for me is 8 hours, and a
>> kernel build without modules is on the order of 2-4 (I haven't kept
>> as close a track of that). But this is on my eval board with a 6-core
>> 600MHz processor.
>>
>> Warner
>
> In my case, I have dual core Cavium, should be 600 MHz too, but this is
> not in dmesg output (or maybe it's 500 MHz, in sysctl there is
>
> hw.model: CN5020p1.1-500-SCP
>
> line). But as it is currently with WITNESS option, performance is
> degraded a bit I think.
>
> Anyway, I am not a week behind actual source tree as Joe said - maybe
> he is not able to update more often than that. I will try full
> buildworld/buildkernel native on EdgeRouter Lite and report that.
>
> Regards,
> Milan
That is indeed a 500mhz dual core, I've actually got a hub plugged into
my build ERL currently but for whatever reason the hub on the octeon
board doesn't want to do 480meg with it so I have flash running at 12Mbps :P

But at least it builds, can't complete a build with /usr/src nfs mounted
as it returns a result too large message which I can't seem to shake
(Linux nfsd)... it looks like iSCSI is unusable at present as the kernel
never sees a response on the wire, presumably the coprocessor is
snarfing it and the kernel isn't aware of said functionality, that's if
the 50XX even supports such offloading...