How to compile and install Freebsd to Routerstation PRO

Aleksandr Rybalko ray at ddteam.net
Mon Apr 2 20:20:23 UTC 2012

On Mon, 02 Apr 2012 11:15:16 +0200
"Jan Augusta" <jan.augusta at fifejdy.cz> wrote:

> Hello,
> your docs are very fine ;)
>
> I succesfully install FreeBSD on RSPRO ;)
>
> But, there is problem with writing changes to flash. When I
> change /etc/rc.conf and reboot system no changes was saved :(

"This not bug, this feature" :)
Since we still not have good FS for NOR flashes, we use it as
Read-Only, but few blocks (in most cases 64k, sometime 128k) we use
for store tar.gz of /etc. To save it you need just run:
/etc/save_etc

> Are anywhere ports to install such as quagga, iperf, mc, snmpd,
> trafshow, etc?

Think bsnmpd can easily be added by creating simple profile (see
profiles/ssh for example).

How to use ports you can see here:
http://ray-freebsd.blogspot.com/2011/09/cross-compiling-ports-for-freebsd.html
As I was specify there - it is incorrect way, just because ports
cross-building not yet done.

Software that we have in contrib directory it is copy of projects
source code after `make configure` in port. So ports(7) system already
apply FreeBSD patches and ./configure done creating configuration
headers. But please note: everything done for your host system, not for
mips in your box.

Then create Makefiles in target dir. You can use DHCP family for
reference (target/lib/libdhcp, target/sbin/dhclient,
target/sbin/dhcpd).

And of course ask me if have something to ask :)

And IRC channel #zrouter @EFNet wait for you :)