TP link MR3220 status, boot from flash via u-boot question

Milan Obuch freebsd-mips at dino.sk
Thu Mar 31 09:15:31 UTC 2011

On Thu, 31 Mar 2011 01:39:07 -0700, Stanislav Sedov <stas at FreeBSD.org>
wrote:

> On Thu, 31 Mar 2011 10:15:54 +0200
> Milan Obuch <freebsd-mips at dino.sk> mentioned:
>
> > Has anybody any experience with firmware images for TP-link's
> > devices or any idea how could this be debugged? All I got is just a
> > message telling 'Starting...' or some such, which tells me
> > nothing :(
> >

> Hi, Milan!
>
> Seems like a great progress!  Thanks!
> I don't have any experience with TP-link routers, but in such
> cases JTAG comes really handy.  Does this device have any JTAG
> attachment you can possibly use?

No, there is no JTAG. There is even no serial console when purchased,
you need to open the device and solder four-pin header or cable
directly to board to get it... See http://eko.one.pl/?p=openwrt-mr3420
(in Polish, last paragraph on page), or near the end of page at
http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-mr3420 for some hint.

Regards,
Milan