phy_mem_desc_addr initialization

Juli Mallett jmallett at FreeBSD.org
Mon Mar 21 19:57:33 UTC 2011

On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 12:41, Andrew Duane <aduane at juniper.net> wrote:
> I'm making good progress on my port to the first Juniper Octeon blade, but I am stuck with what the real format of the memory descriptor blocks pointed to by phy_mem_desc_addr is. I can synthesize enough to get by, but I eventually fall over because all of the info is not there.
>
> Can anyone perhaps print me out one from their Octeon board (an EBT-3000 would be ideal if at all possible), or point me to some actual documentation on the fields?

The code in sys/contrib/octeon-sdk is fairly straightforward.

Really, though, probably what you should do is #ifdef
octeon_memory_init for whatever config option is driving your
non-standard Octeon platform.  I think we talked about this
previously, but it's possible there's some other use that you're
running into trouble with.  I'd be glad to help if you give me a
pointer to the problematic usage.

Thanks,
Juli.