arge problem on MR3420

Stefan Bethke stb at lassitu.de
Sat Dec 31 12:36:50 UTC 2011

Am 30.12.2011 um 23:49 schrieb Stefan Bethke:

> OK, trying to pull in everyone.  There seems to be a problem with if_arge on certain chips/platforms.  I've encountered it on TL-MR3420 and WRT-160NL.  I'm currently working off Adrians gitorious repo.

The problem is limited to BOOTP; if I mount a USB stick as root, I can bring up arge1 without issue.

On the AR7241, arge0 is connected to a phy and the blue WAN port, arge1 is connected to the built-in switch.  The port speeds are fixed (1000 for the switch, 100 for the phy).

With BOOTP enabled, I'm getting an interrupt storm on intr 3.  I've enabled debugging for arge, and it seems there is a TX underrun that is not being cleared in that case.  I'm not fully understanding the code, so I'm not sure why the TX underrun is not being cleared, or keeps reoccurring.

Stefan

--
Stefan Bethke <stb at lassitu.de>   Fon +49 151 14070811