Request for review: AR71XX config cleanup

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Mon Mar 15 14:40:07 UTC 2010

In message: <4B9E34AE.9060301 at gmail.com>
            Ganbold <ganbold at gmail.com> writes:
: M. Warner Losh wrote:
: > Greetings,
: >
: > I've done a quick stab at cleaning up the AR71XX config file.  The
: > problem with it is that isn't for the AR71XX, but really for the
: > RouterStation Pro for Ubiquiti.  Every time I build my normal
: > ROUTER-STATION board, I forget to put the hints back and it won't
: > boot.
: >
: > So, I've created a std.ar71xx.  This is the standard config file for
: > all ar71xx boards.  You can then specialize it to reflect the
: > population of your specific board.  I've also separated the hints that
: > are relevant to the Atheros SoC from those that are relevant only to a
: > specific board.  There's a std.ar71xx.hints.
: >
: > The patches for this are at
: > http://people.freebsd.org/~imp/ar71xx-config.diff to illustrate all
: > the details.
: >
: > In general, I think this looks like a good design pattern for phasing
: > out DEFAULTS on the other architectures as well.  But before I expand
: > it to them, I'd like to get the mipsy world hammered out.
: >
: > Comments?
: >
:
: Maybe it is not that important, but I see some naming differences in
: filenames and in comments like ROUTER-STATION, RouterStation,
: ROUTERSTATION, RSPRO etc.
: Maybe it can be RouterStation in comments and RS and RSPRO as config
: filenames.
: Please ignore if I'm wrong here.

I thought RS was too short, and ROUTERSTATIONPRO to be too long.

I should also find the official capitialization.  It is ROUTER-STATION
on the actual board.

Warner