Request for review: AR71XX config cleanup

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Mon Mar 15 00:23:45 UTC 2010

Greetings,

I've done a quick stab at cleaning up the AR71XX config file.  The
problem with it is that isn't for the AR71XX, but really for the
RouterStation Pro for Ubiquiti.  Every time I build my normal
ROUTER-STATION board, I forget to put the hints back and it won't
boot.

So, I've created a std.ar71xx.  This is the standard config file for
all ar71xx boards.  You can then specialize it to reflect the
population of your specific board.  I've also separated the hints that
are relevant to the Atheros SoC from those that are relevant only to a
specific board.  There's a std.ar71xx.hints.

The patches for this are at
http://people.freebsd.org/~imp/ar71xx-config.diff to illustrate all
the details.

In general, I think this looks like a good design pattern for phasing
out DEFAULTS on the other architectures as well.  But before I expand
it to them, I'd like to get the mipsy world hammered out.

Comments?

Warner